Bugzy full size

Bugzy full size
Bugzy is an original design and creation by illustrator Tara Calahan King. Fabricated by: Ron Schlemmer.

Tuesday, September 24, 2013

Meet Sheila from Youth Services

Greetings everyone and glad to be with you.  Bugzy here again.  Today I have the good fortune to have Sheila Bigelow with the Youth Services Department  here talking to me.  I see her a lot coming and going and doing lots of fun programs, but this is the first time I have had the pleasure of talking with her.

Bugzy:  Hello Shelia, glad to be talking with you today.

Sheila:  Yes Bugzy, me too.  Love your glasses!

Bugzy:  Thanks!

Bugzy:  What is your formal name?

Sheila:  Sheila Bigelow.  You know that!

Bugzy:  That's what Phil said too.  What do you do here at the library?

Shelia:  I am the Teen & Tween Program Coordinator- which means I plan all the fun stuff for 7th-12th graders!

Bugzy:  Great, that sounds very interesting.   

      What is your favorite pizza topping (besides cheese, of course.)

S    Sheila:  Definitely  pepperoni!

       Bugzy:  Good call.  Who is your favorite author?

      Sheila:  Oooohhh this is a tough one. Currently I am in love with anything Maggie Stiefvater writes, but also tied for the top would be John Green and Charles Dickens.

       Bugzy:   What is your earliest library memory?  

       Sheila:   I didn’t attend preschool, just library story hour. I would have been about 5, and it was the highlight of my week. I loved it!
      
        Bugzy:  Why do you like reading?

        Sheila:  I love being transported to new places and new worlds, so it's exciting.

       Bugzy:  Me too, that is one of the things I love about reading.  I want to know what you wanted to be as a child when you grew up?

       Sheila:      I really wanted to be a Veterinarian, which would explain why there is a continuing parade of animals at my house!  We currently have 2 dogs, 1 cat, 2 aquatic turtles, 1 box turtle and a mouse that reside with us.  

      Bugzy:   I can see we're going to be friends, I love animals too!

      I have another question, what is your favorite children's book?  You can have several.

      Sheila:  As far as picture books go one of my favorites for its’ illustrations is Box Turtle at Long Pond, by William George, but I also love the Rhyming  Dust Bunnies by Jan Thomas because it’s hilarious, and The New Baby by Mercer Mayer, because I read it over and over to my kids. For chapter books it would have to be The Long Winter by Laura Ingalls Wilder, I’ve read it many times!

      Bugzy:  Who is your favorite Muppet?  Everyone I talk with gets asked this question!

      Sheila:  No hesitation, it's Gonzo!

       Bugzy:   Gonzo!   I love him.  He's definitely in my top 5.

      What do you like best about being a librarian?

      Sheila:  I love sharing my excitement for reading with kids. When they find a book that hooks them in and they come back and say “I loved it, what else do you have?” That makes my day!

     Bugzy:  What a lovely thought.  One more question.  

S   Sheila:   OK, let's hear it.

     Bugzy:   What fun thing would you do if you had four arms like me? 

     Sheila:  I enjoy playing the piano, and if I had four arms I could play a duet with myself!

     Bugzy:  That's all the questions I have for you.  Good to talk with you.  Please stop by and say HI next time you come to the branch.

     Sheila:   Good to talk with you too.



      
      

       

   




No comments:

Post a Comment

Please remember this is a G Rated blog. Anything profane and or insulting will be removed.