Bugzy full size

Bugzy full size
Bugzy is an original design and creation by illustrator Tara Calahan King. Fabricated by: Ron Schlemmer.

Thursday, September 19, 2013

Interview with a staff person/ Bugzy's corner?

Greetings everyone!  Hope you are having a great day.  Bugzy here again.  Today I am going to interview one of the library staff.  In the future, I will be interviewing more of them and maybe some other folks too!

Today I am talking with Philip Kuhn, Branch Manager at the North Dearborn Library

Bugzy:   Hello, what is your name again?

Phil:  Phil Kuhn, Branch Manager.  Come on Bugzy, you know me, you see me every day!

Bugzy:  Yes,  good to see you again.   Who is your favorite author?

Phil:  Tim Dorsey.  I just love his books.  Nobody else writes like him.  The books are crazy, funny, intense, fun.

Bugzy:  What is your favorite pizza topping, besides cheese?

Phil:Good question.  I'd have to say mushrooms, as much as I love meat on pizza.

Bugzy:  What is your earliest library memory?

Phil:   I still remember going to the bookmobile that came to our neighborhood.  I remember it was such a big deal to us kids.  It was fun and we got to borrow books and take them home.

I also remember going to our local branch library in grade school with my dad and checking out some weighty books.  My father always took me to the library and encourage me to read and to read at higher levels.

Bugzy:  Why do you like reading?

Phil:  Reading is not just fun, it can also be educational.  Both at the same time.  It can spark your imagination.  Nothing else can do that.

Bugzy:  What is your favorite children's book?

Phil:  That would be Henry And Beezus by Beverly Clearly.  It was the first chapter book I ever read on my own.  Still remember it.

Bugzy:  Wow, I don't think I remember the first book I read.  You must have a good memory!

Phil:  Pretty good.  I don't like to brag.

Bugzy:  What did you want to be when you were little:

Phil:  A third baseman for the Cincinnati Reds.  Loved the Big Red Machine.

Bugzy:  Who is your favorite Muppet?

Phil:  Besides Kermit?    Everyone loves Kermit.

Bugzy:  Yes, and so do I!

Phil:  I love Animal.  And I love Statler and Waldorf, the two old guys in the balcony.  They crack me up.

Bugzy:  The two grumpy old guys?  You like them?!  They're mean.

Phil:  They were funny.  Yes, they had a different sense of humor than the other cast, that's true.
 Great quote:  Waldorf:  What's all the commotion about?  Statler:  The bunny ran away.  Waldorf:  Well, you know what that makes him?   Both:  Smarter than us!!

Bugzy:  Why do you like working at the library:

Phil:  I love being with people, meeting new people.  I believe every person you meet has something they can teach you.

Bugzy:  What fun thing would you do if you had four arms like me?

Phil:  Cook up a storm, that's what!  I love to cook and it would be so helpful with four arms.  My golf game would not improve though, it's pretty well hopeless.

Bugzy:  Thanks for being with me today and answering my questions.

Phil:  You're welcome big guy. Any time

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please remember this is a G Rated blog. Anything profane and or insulting will be removed.