Bugzy full size

Bugzy full size
Bugzy is an original design and creation by illustrator Tara Calahan King. Fabricated by: Ron Schlemmer.

Monday, October 7, 2013

Meet my little brother part 1

Greetings everyone and good day!

I'll bet you didn't know that I had a little brother, did you?  He's a fine young man with lots of great qualities.  And never once have I told anyone that's he is not my brother. (OK, maybe once or twice, but since we look so much alike, it's pointless to try to deny it.)


My brother Chip


His real name is Octavius Byron.  He wants us to call him "Lord Byron" but that's not going to happen.  You probably want to know did he get his nickname.  You see, one day he was running through the house after he was told not to.  (That's so him!).  Our mother was working on a very expensive painting for someone, and he knocked it over off her painter's easel and onto the floor.  It chipped a big corner off the frame.  I just looked at him and said "Nice going ,Chip" and he's been that ever since.   He likes to say sometimes it's because he looks just like these guys:
"CHiPS"
 Now most of you probably don't know them either, but that's not where he got his name.  How does the story end?  Our mother did not mention it for a week straight.  Never brought up the frame.  Finally, Chip was going crazy waiting for his  punishment, so he begged her to let him do extra chores around the house.  Mr. Guilty conscience just walked in here.

  Bugzy:  Hey Chipper!  Lord Byron!
  Chip:    Hey big brother.  And I do mean 'big.'
  Bugzy:  Don't start!  I want to talk to you today about my blog, and let people get to know you a little                       better.  Why, I don't know, but it sounded like a good idea yesterday.
 Chip:    Now don't you start!
  Bugzy:  OK Sorry.  Tell my readers more about yourself.
 Chip:    Well, I am younger than you by only three short years.  I enjoy skateboarding very much. I like the                 outdoors more than you do brother.  Mountain biking, skateboarding, rock climbing, flying down a               zip line. Very fun stuff to do.   Why won't you trying doing a zip line sometime?
 Bugzy:   I have a phobia.  A great fear.
 Chip:     Of what?  Are you afraid of heights?
 Bugzy:   No, of hitting the ground.
 Chip:     I do love the Muppets like you.  Everyone in our family does.
 Bugzy:  Yes they do.  I believe you like Gonzo the best, and someone called "Baskerville The Hound."
 Chip:     Yes, very good!
 Bugzy:  HA!  Smarter I am than think you do.
 Chip:    Huh?
 Bugzy:  Forget it.  You've always enjoyed "risk taking" more than I do with your hobbies.
Chip:    Yes I do, but we have one big thing we have in common we both love to do!
 Bugzy:  What, beat mom at Scrabble?!  Or Chess?
 Chip:    You know what I mean.
 Bugzy:   YES, READING!  We both love to read.
Chip:      Yes we do.  We still have 3 months left to go in our reading challenge.
 Bugzy:   Yes, and I'm still ahead 13-11.  I'm getting pretty tired brother. You want to talk some more thing                  tomorrow morning?
Chip:     Sure thing brother.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please remember this is a G Rated blog. Anything profane and or insulting will be removed.