Bugzy full size

Bugzy full size
Bugzy is an original design and creation by illustrator Tara Calahan King. Fabricated by: Ron Schlemmer.

Thursday, December 19, 2013

A few moments with the fabulous Becca G in Bugzy's Corner

Greetings everyone!!  Hope you are having a great day.  Happy holidays to everyone!  Christmas is only a week away.  Hope you all have your holiday shopping done.  Check back, I may post some Christmas things next week.  You know I love Christmas!

On to the show.  Today I am with Becca Greene.  She works at Youth Services at the Lawrenceburg Library downtown.



Miss Becca


Me:  Greetings Becca!  Great to see you again.  Nice to have you in Bugzy's Corner.  Ready for a few questions?

Becca:  Yes I am.  Nice to see you again as well.

Me:  You know, if we opened a business up together, we could be B & B?   No, people might be confused and think we were a Bed and Breakfast.  But Hey, that'd be great!  B & B's B&B!

Becca:  Ha Ha Bugzy.

Me:  Let's start out with an easy one:  What is your favorite movie for kids?

Becca:  Today my favorite movie for kids would have to be “Aladdin”.

Me:  Does the library have it?

Becca:  Yes, we have several copies on DVD.

Me:  Great!  What is your favorite pizza topping (Besides cheese)?

Becca:  Mushrooms!

Me: That's good;  Phil at the North Dearborn Branch loves mushrooms too!
YUMMY!


 Me:  What is the greatest breakfast cereal of all time?

Becca:  Honeycomb

Me:  As in "Honeycomb's big...yeah yeah yeah!
It's not small...no no no!
Honeycomb's got...a big big bite!
Big big (taste/crunch) in a big big bite!

Now I have that jingle stuck in my head!

Becca:  You're welcome!

Me: What is your favorite  movie?

Becca:   My all-time favorite movie, not sure that it classifies as a children’s movie, but I would watch it over and over when I was growing up is, “The Boy Who Could Fly”.  Here is a link for more information: http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0090768/

Me: What is your earliest library memory?

Becca:   My Grandmother use to take me to the library when I was a kid. It was a very small one room library and they had these old slant top reading desks. I don’t remember ever checking out a book but I spent hours upon hours sitting at one of those desks reading. Here is a picture of a similar desk!


Me:  That's a great story.  Aren't grandmothers wonderful?

Becca: Yes.  My grandmother and I used to go fishing together. We had our special fishing spot and we would always have a contest to see who caught the most fish.

Me:  Awww, gives me a warm fuzzy feeling.  Little Becca and her grandmother fishing. Have you ever played team sports?

Becca:  Oh yes! I played just about everything in school.  Tennis and volleyball were my favorites

Me:  That is interesting.  Ever get hit in the face with a volleyball?

Becca:  No, that I recall.  Why do you ask?

Me:  With all of that jumping and hitting the ball hard, you would think someone would get hit on a regular basis.

What did you want to be as a child when you grew up?

Becca:  A music producer

Me:  Wow very interesting;  Why is that?

Becca:  I wanted to be a music producer because I love music and at the time I just thought it would be cool to work with the “stars”, but then I realized I couldn’t carry a tune myself so that wasn’t going to work out for me.

Me:  The music world's loss is our gain.  What is your favorite children’s book?  You can have several.

Becca:  Actually, mine is a series of books. The Chronicles of Narnia. There was a teacher when I was in third grade that started reading these to us and I have loved them ever since!

Me:  Here is the most important question:  who is your favorite Muppet?

Becca:  Gonzo, of course!!

Me:  Great, our friend Sheila loves Gonzo too!!  He was always very sweet.

Last question but not the least:  What do you like best about being a librarian?

Becca:  Books, books and more books! There is always something new to discover

Me:  Thanks for being here today in Bugzy's Corner Becca.   Until next time,

PEACE
LOVE
BOOKS!

BUGZY


No comments:

Post a Comment

Please remember this is a G Rated blog. Anything profane and or insulting will be removed.