Bugzy full size

Bugzy full size
Bugzy is an original design and creation by illustrator Tara Calahan King. Fabricated by: Ron Schlemmer.

Wednesday, November 6, 2013

Meet North Dearborn's Beth B.

Greetings everyone!!  Hope you had a safe and fun filled Halloween.  I know Chip and I did!  So exciting that Thanksgiving is on the horizon.  I love Thanksgiving.  Food and fun and family.

Speaking of giving thanks, I'm thankful to get to work with the talented Ms. Beth Buescher at the ND Branch.  She's smart and funny and loves to help people.


                                                         
Bugzy:  Hey Beth, nice to see you again.  Have a fun Halloween?

Beth:  Yes, my  family and I did.  Thanks for asking.

Bugzy:  That's why I'm here for! To ask questions!

Bugzy:  What is your name?

Beth:  Beth Buescher
Bugzy:  What is your favorite color?
Beth:   Blue-Green
Bugzy:  What is the air speed velocity of an unladen swallow?
Beth:  African or European?
Bugzy:  I don't know!
Bugzy:   I'll be serious now. What is your favorite movie for kids? 
Beth:   Wizard of Oz
Bugzy:  Oooh, great answer. Classic from 1939.  Who played some of the parts, like the Scarecrow?

Beth:  Ray Bolger was the Scarecrow.  Bert Lahr played the Cowardly Lion.

Bugzy:  All I know is Judy Garland.  She was fabulous!!

Bugzy:    What is your favorite pizza topping (Besides cheese)? 
Beth:  Mushrooms and Light cheese please!
      Bugzy:    Who is your favorite author?
      Beth:   Jane Austen and Holly Payne.      
      Bugzy:  I don't know, what did Holly Payne write?
      Beth:  One of her books "The sound of Blue"  
      Bugzy:  Thanks, I'll have to check that out.   What is your earliest library memory?  
      Beth:  Sitting on those little wicker stools and reading  the mini-sized Beatrix Potter books at Groesbeck Library in Cincinnati.
      Bugzy:  Why do you like reading?  
      Beth:  It is a much-needed peaceful escape from reality….just for me.
      Bugzy:  What did you want to be as a child when you grew up?
      Beth:   A movie star/singer (!) and a mom.( One out of three ain’t bad!)
     Bugzy: What is your favorite children’s book?  You can have several
     Beth:   A Fly Went By  written by Marshall McClintock , The Snowy Day  written by Ezra Jack Keats
     Bugzy:   Who is your favorite Muppet? 
      Beth:  “Animal!”  

        Bugzy:  What do you like best about being an a librarian? 
        Beth:  Getting to browse all of the amazing books that come across the counter.
       Bugzy:  What fun thing would you do if you had four arms like me?
       Beth:  I would probably climb tall buildings and trees on my lunch break. And I would get a ton of laundry done : )       

     Bugzy:   Thanks for speaking with me today Beth.  It was a lot of fun.  I'll see you around the library!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please remember this is a G Rated blog. Anything profane and or insulting will be removed.