Bugzy full size

Bugzy full size
Bugzy is an original design and creation by illustrator Tara Calahan King. Fabricated by: Ron Schlemmer.

Tuesday, March 18, 2014

Am I a "bookworm"?

Greetings everyone.  Good day and good tidings to all.  Hope you and your loved ones are well.

I've been wondering, some kids call me a "bookworm."  I suppose I am.  I've never really thought about it too much.  I am Bugzy, I am me.  As Popeye said, "I yam what I yam and that's all I yam."  True sentiments despite the atrocious grammar.

In my brief life, I have always tried not to define myself in terms of what others think, or what other's expectations are of me.  I have heard people say that a person can drive themselves crazy trying to always live up to other people's ideas and not their own.  After all, other people don't have to be you.  If you can't live in your own brain, no one can.  I'm a good person, I always try to do the right thing, to be honest and a good person, I'm kind to children, animals and seniors. I guess it all comes down to "character."

I have read that some people define character as "what a person does when no one else is looking."  That is a good thought.  What I like even better is:


                                    Character is how you treat people that you                                              don't have to be nice too.


Do you call yourself a "good person"  but are routinely rude to waiters and waitress, baristas at coffee shops, workers at air ports, hotel maids and such?  If you are, then you're not a good person.  I would never do that.

Back to the bookworm business.  I suppose I am one.  I've never asked my mother.  Like I said, it has never been that important.  But the word is defined by Webster's Dictionary as:   a person who likes to read books and who spends a lot of time reading and studying.

That is certainly me!!  There is nothing more that I enjoy that reading.  So I guess I am a "bookworm" and I am proud of it.  I hope all of you are too.  Bookworms of the world unite!!

PEACE
LOVE
BOOKS
BUGZY



No comments:

Post a Comment

Please remember this is a G Rated blog. Anything profane and or insulting will be removed.