Bugzy full size

Bugzy full size
Bugzy is an original design and creation by illustrator Tara Calahan King. Fabricated by: Ron Schlemmer.

Thursday, January 9, 2014

Winter

Greetings everyone!  Bugzy here again.  I've been looking out my window here and North Dearborn and all I ever see is snow and ice.  Is it me, or has this been a really long winter so far?!  My  library friends told me it was coldest it has been in 20 years here Monday and Tuesday.  BRRRRRR.   I thought this was Indiana, not the Yukon!

How do you beat the winter blues?   Officially it's called Season Affective Disorder (SAD).  I don't know if someone was trying to be funny with that acronym of they were serious.  Here are a few good links for more information:
http://www.webmd.com/depression/tc/seasonal-affective-disorder-sad-topic-overview
http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmedhealth/PMH0002499/

Here is some information about Vitamin D and SAD:

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/10888476
http://www.psychologytoday.com/blog/reading-between-the-headlines/201307/vitamin-d-deficiency-and-depression

Who would have thought a vitamin could help with improving your mood, but evidently it does.

Of course, you know what I think:  reading a good book will help improve any mood any time of year.  Especially winter.

The bad part about Winter is when the sun is shining, you are layered up with coats and such so you don't get much sunlight on your skin.  And it is usually the sunniest when it is the coldest, so you don't spend much time outside.  Winter!! No wonder some people move to Florida!

Here is a fun little thing:  it is a computer "widget"  that counts the days down until Spring, March 20 2014.   At the present moment, that is 69 Days, 5 hours and 13 minutes until Spring.  Yea!!

I'm green, so you know I love the summer months!  And springtime, everything turns green and comes alive.  And my antennae get cold outside very fast, and so does my tail.  No fun trying to thaw out a frozen tail.

PEACE
LOVE
BOOKS
Bugzy

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please remember this is a G Rated blog. Anything profane and or insulting will be removed.